Vacation with the whole family seems the perfect getaway from home and work. This is the time to relax, see the attractions in the place, go shopping, unwind in a beach or park and let the kids play to their hearts’ content.
Bringing the children out may be a bit problem especially on hot days. Parents need not worry when they are in Singapore as there are indoor parks or playgrounds designed for your kids’ enjoyment. Here are some of the best indoor parks and where to find them.
1. Playful Elves – When you’re in West Coast Plaza, Playful Elves is the best place to go to and let your kids have fun in this indoor playground. It has a Magical Forest theme with driving tracks, bouncy castle and a spacious two-storey place so your kids can run around freely. There is also an obstacle course for them to crawl and learn to finish. Younger children enjoy the table toys and driving the mini cars while the older ones go over the obstacle run. The play area is conceptualized well with the children’s safety in mind and to keep up with the kids’ various energy levels. Parents or guardians can have a peace of mind leaving their kids in this place.
2. Space Zone Play Gym – Located in Anchorpoint, Alexandra so look out for indoor park this when you are in the area and you have small kids in tow. Since this is a small area, your small kids will tremendously enjoy the space-like theme ball pit. It also has a mini obstacle course complete with soft punching bags and a slide at the end. So for you to maximize your day shopping, you can park your children at the Space Zone Play Gym and pick them up once you are done. The kids would surely have a grand time shooting balls on the space holes plus, develop coordination of their hands and eyes.
3. Hokey Pokey – Another play area for children below 6 years old, this is a haven for them as it is filled with toys for both boys and girls. Hokey Pokey is a big playing area similar to the size of almost two basketball courts, so imagine a big space that can fit many kids. It is equipped with a big ball pit, a safe slide, an open floor area concept to clearly view the children while at play and a café within the area for parents to relax while waiting for their kids. Toys are graded GB which is great for babies and toys are plenty from doll houses to cars. They also have costumes, cooking stations for girls, trains, castle sets from leading toy makers Imaginarium and Fisher Price. Neatly located in Millenia Walk, your kids will adore this place.
4. Amazonia – A jungle-themed playground for children of all ages, this has the right and fun activities to keep them pumped up and raring to play. Toddlers have a dedicated area so their space is just right for your little tykes. While the older kids can enjoy interactive games like Glow-in-the Dark Spaceball equipped with safe air guns with foamy balls and try to shoot the targets above the opponents’ boards. Another quality game is their 3D Glow Golf with 9-hole course so they can learn early how to play this wonderful sport. This is right in the Central area and with entrance fees with no peak and of-peak prices for different ages. Additional fee also applies for Space Balls and Golf games.
5. Happy Willow – With SGD10 for three hours, your toddlers will be able to crawl, walk or run on their dedicated Toddler’s Turf so they won’t be mixing around bigger kids. What’s great is that it is just beside the café so while parents are having coffee and reading magazines, they can see how their kids are doing. Located in Fusionopolis Way, this play center has a flying mini fox, kitchen station for girls, slides, ball pits and a corner filled with books for those who love to read.
6. The Polliwogs – A new indoor playground in Harbourfront Walk, Vivocity, it boasts of a play pen with a rock climbing area which will delight your young kids. They will learn to control their hand and feet coordination plus learn a new sport as well. Toddlers can enjoy the mini ball pit and get a kick out of the Merry-G0-Round. There are also shooting galleries and slides with different shapes. Dining is not a problem as there is a café nearby for the parents to go to while keeping an eye on their children.
7. Kidz Amaze – An indoor playground with high ceiling for your older kids. It has three themes that offer different kinds of fun, TreeTops, the Cave and the City. There are tunnels across the play area and high structures so the kids can climb tree-like posts. A ball-hopper puts more fun in playing ball plus ball shooters with foam balls for safety. Kidz Amaze is well-lit and well-ventilated with some of the sun rays streaming inside the window. Strategically located in Toa Payoh so you can never miss this indoor play area.
8. Hip Kids Club – If you want to go shopping on Orchard Road specifically the Forum Shopping Mall and don’t want to bring the kids from store to store, you can leave them for a few hours at the Hips Kids Club. The playground has a membership fee for a year so no need to worry on paying every time your kids want to go there. It has balance beams, climbing frames, ball pit, a slide, lifesavers and mini trikes. Not bad for keeping the children busy while you’re busy shopping.
9. Royce Kids Gym – An indoor playground that is full of toys so children can be entertained well and they can change toys as fast as saying ABC. There are cute and colorful sofas for toddlers to climb on and it looks so comfy. There is a swings section to put your small kids into and let them enjoy the wind blowing on his face as he slowly rocks. An interesting part of the playground is the kitchen area where both boys and girls can play chef. Complete with oven, utensils, pots, pans, plates, forks, spoons and cups, kids will have a grand time hopping from one oven to another. Toy houses also line up the large playground. Your little ones can crawl from one toy house to another and still be amused. You shouldn’t miss this especially when you are in the Liang Court.
10. The City – A different indoor play area wherein learning as well as doing fun activities will help keep your older kids entertained. If your child is into superhero stuff then this is the perfect place for them. Costumes and mock-ups are available for them to dress up and play the superhero they wanted to be. There are suits for Superman, Thor, Spiderman plus costumes for doctors or shopping carts for expert shoppers. This playground lets them be creative and imaginative with the different personalities they will role play. An indoor playground in Liang Court, a must-be place for your little kids who want to be superheroes.